11 October 2017
The data journalism course is fully-booked but there is a waiting list: contact the Freelance Office to apply.
Introduction to data journalism - and more
LONDON FREELANCE Branch has organised a course in data journalism. Areas it will cover include understanding data and risk, assessing data quality, surveys, government and open data, combining and manipulating data, graphing and mapping.
It's on Friday 20 October at Headland House, 72 Acton Street, London WC1X 9NB. The cost is £31 to NUJ members.
You'll need to bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel™ or the free Open Office spreadsheet program installed on it.
- NUJ and Google News Lab training, London, Friday 29 September 9.30-14.30 - verification, fact-checking and visualisation for beginners. To book, email Sarah Kavanagh: email@example.com
- A one-day course on Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, Wednesday 4 October at Free Word Centre, London EC1R 3GA (Tube: Farringdon), £90 if a largish organisation is paying or for "unaffiliated individuals" £45 - for details and to book go to www.nuj.org.uk/events/ training-on-using-the-freedom-of-information-act/
- FEU Training courses are FREE to NUJ members - including handling a camera and creating video, negotiating for freelances. Details: www.feutraining.org/news/free-workshops/
- NUJ Training Wales courses www.nujtrainingwales.org
- NUJ Training Scotland courses www.nujtrainingscotland.com